This weekend brought a lot of tragic news items with the Colorado shootings. Don't be surprised when a news event changes you, or transforms your relationships. Sometimes, news and events of the world swing between the extremes of very sad and tragic to silly and goofy. It can be difficult to make sense of the things happening in our world at times.
Small talk, however, often keeps things light. So for that purpose, here are the news items that might make good "chit chat" when you're talking with a few friends or someone new.
- If you're not a regular movie goer, this list of the best and worst movies of the year so far will help you talk with people who see a lot of them.
- Are you a rummager? If you're not, here are 10 ways to get deals at yard sales that you can pass along to the next bargain hunter you meet.
- Food Network just released the winner of Next Food Network Star. This small talk item could appeal to foodies, TV watchers, and geeks.
- Tony Robbins has been doing the infamous "fire walk" for over 30 years, but this last attempt had some issues.
- Finally, the tragic news events of the shooting in Colorado have left many of us shocked and reeling. Here's a positive item from that story, about a friend who stood by and helped her friend.