Welcome to another Monday. Today's the last Monday in (what I think of) as the summer. To me, September means Fall and the start of school. I know many kids start school again in August, but that's just the way I think about it.
All of this is to say that it's the end of Summer in theory, but you can still enjoy it! Plan a few friendship dates to see your pals before the weather gets too cold. If you need a few small talk items, here are some recent news items I found of interest.
- If you're a booklover (or know someone who is), you'll appreciate this post from Flavorwire about original, vintage ads for classic books. You know, we always think of marketing as a very modern thing, but the reality is that even for the now classic books we have come to love, someone at some point was trying to get people interested in it.
- Have you heard of the Facekini?
- The top U.S. party school was named.
- Forbes just named the top 100 most powerful women.
- LL Cool J took down a robber at his house. Go LL!
- Finally Superman has a new girlfriend. This will help you make small talk with geeks and comic books fans everywhere.