Another week has arrived! Are you ready for it?
Here are some news items I found this week that may help you in your quest to make small talk with potential friends.
- Did you hear that Elvis' bible sold at auction for $94,000?
- I'm super excited by this news that Cynthia Nixon will star as Emily Dickinson in a new movie. This is news you can share with friends who are book lovers, poetry fans, or even (giggle) fans of Nixon's work on Sex in the City.
- Names of people (baby names, celebrity names) are always good for small talk. Just the other day I heard two people in line talking about baby names. That's why this bit of news about the most popular name in the last century is a good one to remember when chatting with potential friends.
- Who will be the new American Idol judges? There's been talk of what the new panel will look like.
- Remember, feel good stories are good for small talk. They inspire people and show others that you look for the positive in life. That's why I loved this story about the world's oldest model, Carmen Dell'Orefice, who has had an amazingly interesting life and yet still is a part of fashion week.