Sure, sure, today is Halloween. But, it's also Girl Scout Founder's Day. Juliette Gordon Low was born this day in 1860. I have a fond place in my heart for the Girl Scouts, because I was an introverted kid and yet met some really good friends in Girl Scouts. I loved the girls in that troop and still remember the fun things we did. The activities helped me come out of my shell a bit, and I'll never forget that time.
I found some links around About that you might find of interest:
- Who Invented Girl Scout Cookies?
- Girl Scout SWAPS
- Recipes for Leftover Girl Scout Cookies
- How to Place and Sew Girl Scout Cookies
- 2013 Girl Scouts Centennial Coin
- Girl Scout Cookies and Cookie Jars
- More on Juliette Low, Who Was Hearing Impaired
Were you in Girl Scouts?