Welcome to another Monday! It's getting close to Christmas now, how are you doing on your gift list? If you need a little help, I've come up with a list of gift ideas by personality and interest. You'll find tips for new friends, guy friends, history lovers, creative people, and more. Check it out.
You're probably getting invited to some Christmas parties right about now, so here are some news items I found of interest this week. They might be good for making small talk with a new friend.
- Here's a gift idea for that hard-to-buy-for friend: a desk lamp you can eat.
- Alaska had an earthquake.
- J. K. Rowling will have her most recent book adapted for TV by the BBC.
- Think Spanx are a joke? There are a billion reasons why they aren't.
- Trivia is always good for small talk. So which city has the best quality of life? Can you guess?
- The color of the year.
- The text message is how old?
- Popular baby names for the year always make for good small talk.
- Look what this restaurant does with the bad reviews it gets.