I'm still trying to recover from last week's Downton Abbey finale. Did you see it? I caught an interesting article this week on CNN that talked about some of the "Downtons" (i.e., big estates) in America. But it still didn't make me feel any better about that Downton Abbey ending.
But on to Season 4!
What are you up to this week? Here are some news items I happened across which may make for good small talk.
- Khloe Kardashian was apparently let go from the X-Factor. I actually liked Khloe on the show, although I admit I didn't watch it much. Anything Kardashian seems to make for good small talk, so if you come across a fan of Khloe, her sisters, or the X-Factor, this is a topic that good start off a conversation.
- Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?
- New female kicker in the NFL?
- A Starbucks drink that cost almost $50? That's alotta caffeine.
- I can't say this news surprised me. Les Miz is coming back to Broadway. As you know if you read this blog regularly, I loved the movie and hope to see the Broadway show one day. Maybe now I'll get my chance.
- Remember last week there was a story about a brother and sister who found $13,000 and gave it back? This week there is a story about a couple who found $11,000 and gave it back. I love hearing this. Can you imagine how awful it would be to know you had thousands of dollars that were just suddenly.... gone? The panic that you would feel. The sorrow. And yet both of these incidents show that there are kind people in this world who do the right thing. These acts of kindness have the power to change us all for the better.
Which reminds me, have you been the recipient of a random act of kindness? Share it with us.