Happy Monday, friends! For those of you who are new around here, I list some news items I've found particularly interesting from the past week that could make for good small talk. I do this because keeping up on small talk is an important part of making friends, and many people struggle with things to talk about. (And the weather isn't a good subject, people!) Here are some of the things I've found interesting.
- One guy quit his job in a very unique way. I wonder what our Job Search Guide Alison would think about this?
- The newest members of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
- The most complained-about library book for 2012. I'll bet you can't guess what it is.
- This couple got a big surprise when they went out to walk their dog. See what greeted them on the porch. Morning!
- Our Classic Literature Guide asks, "What if you're in love with a fictional character?" Now there's a subject for small talk!
- What do people earn? Here are some salaries, which start out with real people and then go to celebs.
- And no, there won't be a Friends Reunion. I know, I'd like one, too. We can still hope...
Besides quirky news items, here are some other things that make for good small talk.