Happy Monday, Friends? How was your weekend? Did you meet a new friend? Connect with a friend you haven't seen in a while? Tell us in the comments below.
Since it's Monday, I thought I would list my regular feature of news items I found during the week that make for good small talk. These are the perfect subjects to chat about this week as you meet new people and talk with the friends you already have.
- Superglue has lots of uses, but this one? Wow.
- It's heartbreaking for those who lose their wedding ring. But this ring found its way back to the owner after an unexpected 600 mile trip. I loved the quote from Steve Anderson, who found the ring. He said: "It's the first time something has happened like this at the warehouse. But I've lost things before and had them returned to me. I always try to do what's right. It felt good." Love those positive thoughts!
- Remember Jared the Subway spokesperson? Who doesn't love his story? Well, he's been with the chain for 15 years now and you'll never believe how much his estimated net worth is! Good for him.
- Sesame Street was a favorite of mine as a kid, so this good news about a kid who learned how to save his friend's life from watching the show really was uplifting.
- This restaurant has banned tipping. What do you think about that?
- It's hard to believe Paul McCartney ever having to struggle to find gigs, but it's true.