1. People & Relationships
Cherie Burbach

Poll: Do You Have a Best Friend?

By September 19, 2013

Do you have a best friend?

Related: Best Friend Quotes | Gift Ideas for Your Best Friend

Comments
January 8, 2013 at 7:05 pm
(1) ... says:

Best friends are the people you relate to well and theses are my tips, they may not be long because I have a maximum of characters:

Primary: You will play with whoever when your much younger but still have a special friends but when your in an older year group, you may have a group of friends you play with, these are often called your ‘best friends’ but there are more than one.

Secondary: You either will have a group of friends like above or dot around individuals, and one of those individuals may be your best friend, secondary schools are bigger than primary, so you have more of a choice. Some will have close friends but one you may find yourself hanging out with more, having a best friend can isolate yourself from others, so make sure you are socialising with others.

Adulthood: now is the time to get a best friend from work or just known for a while, someone you relate to well, you see, other friends of yours may not know your best friend for example, so they won’t get jealous, also you are more mature and won’t care, here, you will usually have lots of aquatints, friends, close friends and one best friend you spend a lot of time with, but this is okay as this is not isolating others as your best friend will understand you’ve got other friends

So remember, sometimes, best friends can have a result of making you isolated, just remember!

May 12, 2013 at 10:42 am
(2) NS says:

I do i have three

June 8, 2013 at 2:04 am
(3) diane says:

i have two.. one is my highschool bff.. and the other one is in college.. i love them both.. :)

June 8, 2013 at 10:10 am
(4) friendship says:

How nice that you met them both in school and are still friends!

August 16, 2013 at 7:42 pm
(5) Dee says:

I haven’t really chosen but most of the time I have been chosen by others.
‘Many times this has been a surprise to me to find that I’m named by someone that I’m her best friend. I’ve never wanted to be a BFF. As I have aged my friends are departing at a rapid pace, some of their own choosing. It appears that in our 80′s, with serious health problems, some would rather opt to die than fight it and I have come to understand this.
However it does leave me minus another old friend. I would hesitate to encourage them to stay because I don’t know what the purpose would be.
I’ve discovered that I must make new and younger friends as I grow older or I will have no one at all.
Fortunately, I appear to be and act as If I were much younger so this is not too difficult but I do have much more experience and have “been around the block more times than they have”. However, I do have breaks in my around the block tour when my COPD causes my to falter.
Then I, too, wonder what I’m hanging around for!! I guess I’m not finished with my assigned task yet!

December 10, 2013 at 12:10 pm
(6) Paul says:

Ive had best friends through the years but things change over time. When I turned 51 and started working for a large company I made friends with lots of guys thru playing golf and tennis. Once those activities waned these so-called friends didnt even have the maturity or self confidence to say hello in passing….very strange since we never had any issues when we played those sports together and hung out together…..very sad and confusing for sure. One best friend starting at 40 is still a great friend even though we are 1000 miles apart and rarely get together. We talk by phone and still care for each other very much. But my true best friend is my WIFE! She is a rock of a person and will always love me to the end as I for her……for that I am very fortunate.