1. Friendship Bracelets
Friendship bracelets are back in style for adults and kids alike. Designer bracelets have even been spotted on the wrists of celebrities, which helps reinforce their versatile nature. You can give your friend a high-end bracelet, create a fun one from scratch, or even use them in a variety of ways other than as jewelry. They are a thoughtful way to let a pal know you care on Friendship Day.
2. Thoughtful Notes and Messages
The spirit of Friendship Day is about honoring your pals, but that doesn't mean the gesture needs to be complicated or involved. Here are some ideas on how to let your friend know you are thinking of them:
- Post a video link of a special song to their Facebook wall.
- Tweet out a short note on why they are a great friend.
- Write your friend a note on why their friendship means so much to you. Be specific. For example, rather than saying, "You're such a great friend," say something like, "I appreciate how much you help me out with the kids," or "our Tuesday coffee nights are the best part of my week."
- Write out a few special memories on small pieces of paper, and put them all in a jar. Your friend can pull out a note each week.
3. Small Gifts
Giving an inexpensive gift is another way to celebrate Friendship Day. For this occasion, a small but thoughtful present can make an even greater impact than one that costs a lot of money. Some ideas on what you could give include:
- A cherished picture of the two of you in a frame that they can keep on their desk.
- A memory journal that talks about the favorite times you have spent together.
- Several old pictures of you in a digital frame so your friend can reflect back on the years you've been pals. This is an especially good gift if your friendship has some history, since changing hairstyles alone are enough to bring about a smile (or cringe).
- Your friend's favorite treat baked by hand and put in a box with tissue paper.
4. Spend Some Time With Your Friend
Just spending some quality time with your pal is a wonderful way to celebrate Friendship Day. In today's world, we are all so busy that friendships sometimes take a back seat. Bring that friendship back to the forefront by taking a few hours out of your day to spend with your buddy.
Choose an activity that allows you to catch up with each other and also have fun. This may be different for every set of friends. Some might enjoy a few hours at the coffee shop, others might want to try something they've never done (skydiving anyone?), while other friends might just want to splurge with a nice dinner out at a favorite restaurant.
5. Keep the Spirit of Friendship Day All Year
The best way to celebrate Friendship Day? Make sure the spirit of the day stays with you throughout the year. Nurture your friendship continually, resolve conflicts quickly, and make sure you devote the time needed to make a friendship successful even when you're busy. Friendship Day is a reminder that friends are an important part of a healthy, happy life, so carry that thought with you and let it show in your actions.