Ben Affleck and Matt Damon
Who could forget the moment Ben Affleck and Matt Damon won the Oscar for writing Good Will Hunting? They each took their moms to the awards show (which was so very cute) and it was hard to be cynical about two actors who wrote an excellent screenplay rather than complain about the lack of good parts available.
In addition to being best pals, Ben and Matt are one of our favorite celebrity bromances.
- What we can learn: You don't need to compete with a friend. Even though Damon got the bigger part in Good Will Hunting, both his and Affleck's careers skyrocketed after winning their joint Oscar. They were (and are) best friends and this helped them collaborate to create a wonderful screenplay.
Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King
Oprah and Gayle King have been friends since their early 20s, so they have seen each other through relationships and career highs and lows. Oprah credits King with keeping her sane, and has continued to include Gayle in her success.
- What we can learn: Don't leave your pals behind. Look at your friendships as the key ingredients in your growth as a person. As your life evolves, make sure to bring your friends up with you.
Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox
In the friendship between Jennifer Aniston and Courtney Cox, life truly imitated art. They were cast as best pals on the show Friends and became BFFs in real life. Aniston is even godmother to Cox's daughter, Coco.
- What we can learn: Work can be a great place to meet new friends so don't be afraid to get to know your coworkers.
Michael Jackson and Elizabeth Taylor
The friendship between the King of Pop and one of Hollywood's true icons struck many people as odd. But Jackson and Taylor both understood what it was like to be in the media spotlight from a young age, and this helped bond them together.
In the days following Taylor's death, Jackson's brother Tito acknowledged her friendship to Michael, saying, "Most memorable is her steadfast loyalty and unwavering friendship to my late brother Michael Jackson. Liz provided a sense of relief and comfort to my brother at various difficult times in his life, and I appreciate that, may she rest in peace."
- What we can learn: Reach out to people and show them kindness. You may find a true blue pal you would have never otherwise connected with. Check out these random acts of kindness ideas for friends.
Brad Pitt and George Clooney
Pitt and Clooney are talented actors and have bonded over their devotion to social issues. Both men seem to have a down-to-earth attitude when it comes to their fame and fortune. Watching them together, as they were on-screen in Ocean's 11 (and its sequels), made us feel as if we were part of their bromance.
- What we can learn: Friends can help inspire you to get involved. It's hard to ignore the issues in the world when your friend is actively working to make a difference. Check out these real life positive acts for ideas on start a kindness mission of your own. Doing so may help you bond with someone else that shares your passion.