Some may think Friday the 13th is bad luck, but I think it's just another day to enjoy some time with your friends. No matter when this fateful day falls in any given year, it at least kicks off a weekend, so you're bound to find a few pals who are willing to kick back and enjoy a night out.
You could do a theme night (horror movie marathon anyone?), or just use the day to tell a few friends you're thinking about them. Let your mood and motivation determine the best way to celebrate. Most of all, have fun with it. Here are some ideas.
- Call up a friend and ask if you can pick up a few items for them (like maybe, thirteen or so) from the grocery store on your way home from work.
- Write an "I'm grateful you're my friend" note on their Facebook wall. Or, in keeping with the theme here, write on thirteen different friend's walls.
- Bake a batch of thirteen cookies and drop them off at a friend's house.
- Write a note to a friend and include thirteen things you love about them.
- Make a friend a baker's dozen of their favorite cupcakes.
- Play some Friday the 13th games.
- Meet them at the coffee shop and find out how lucky you both are.
- Invite friends over for a Friday the 13th movie marathon.
- Learn more about feng shui together, by taking a class or just hitting up the information available at your local bookstore. Feng shui is believed to help you attract more luck in your life.
- Have a Friday the 13th theme party, complete with black cupcakes, spooky decorations, and punch. Just for fun, try to figure out whether you have Triskaidekaphobia or Paraskevidekatriaphobia.
- Change up the traditional thoughts about Friday the 13th and enlist a friend to help you develop a lucky attitude. Make a list of things you could do together, like take a class on being positive or building your self-esteem.
- Buy a friend lunch and ask them what they feel has been the luckiest moment of their life.
- Adopt a black cat. Here's a gallery of them to inspire you.