Friendship bracelets are a thoughtful way to show your best pal some love. They can be worn as jewelry, of course, but you can also use them a variety of ways. Here are some ideas.
Small Gift Idea
One way to nurture a friendship is by giving small, inexpensive gifts. The present does not have to be a major event, but just a small token to let your pal know you were thinking of them. Friendship bracelets make the perfect type of offering for this, or as part of another present.
Here are a few ideas on how to use them:
- In an envelope along with a note
- On top of a package
- As part of a gift tag
- Around a bottle of wine or champagne
Use Friendship Bracelets As Part of the Presentation for a Gift
If you're giving a present that is a bit more substantial, a friendship bracelet can be used to make it even more special. For example:
- Camera strap: Personalize the gift of a camera by weaving a friendship bracelet to use in place of the strap.
- Cell phone: Program your number into a cell phone for your friend, and put a friendship bracelet on it as a decoration.
- Key chain: Giving someone the key to your place becomes that much better when you include a friendship bracelet. The bracelet can then be worn or used as part of the keychain.
- Bookmark: Sharing a favorite book just got better! Make a friendship bracelet that your pal can use as a bookmark or to wear.
If you make them big enough, a friendship bracelet can fit around the neck of a small pet as a collar. You really need to test this, however, to make it big enough so it is the right size. Why not make one for your friend, and one for their best friend? Dog lovers will especially like this idea.
Make Them in Special Colors
If your friend has a favorite color, make a friendship bracelet in different shades of that hue. Your pal will appreciate that you customized it just for them. Or, choose a color based on Color Psychology to help improve your mood. Colors that are considered warm, such as red and orange, are thought to create feelings of warmth. Those on the cooler side, like blue or purple, are believed to be more calming.
Celebrate the Holidays
Make friendship bracelets with various colors and decorations to celebrate the holidays. If you're having a picnic for 4th of July, why not make a few in red, white and blue, for example? If you're hosting Thanksgiving, you could use bracelets in conjunction with the name place cards for the table. Use the time of year and occasion to dictate the look of the bracelet.