UPDATED: The winners have been chosen! Find out who won!
The 2012 About.com Readers' Choice Awards highlight the best products, features and services in dozens of categories. Readers' Choice includes multiple channels ranging from travel to pets to religion. Nominations are accepted starting Jan. 18, 2012, with voting to take place from Feb. 22 through March 21 with winners announced March 30.
There's no prize -- just the bragging rights and pride that come with getting recognized by the readers of one of the most popular websites. Find out more at awards.about.com. Please make your nominations in the following categories.
About.com Friendship 2012 Categories
Any nonfiction book that give tips about friendship, relationships, or getting along with people is eligible for the About.com Friendship Readers' Choice Award for Best Nonfiction Book. Since this is the first year books related to friendship are nominated, books can be published in any year to be eligible. Have the exact title of the book and the author's name ready when you go to fill out the nomination form; nominations with incorrect or missing information will not be considered.
Just because a book is fiction doesn't mean it can't teach us about friendship. In fact, sometimes novels can move us to examine our relationships even more than nonfiction books can. Any fiction book that has a friendship as part of its story is eligible for the About.com Friendship Readers' Choice Award for Best Fiction Book. Since this is the first year books related to friendship are nominated, books can be published in any year to be eligible. Have the exact title of the book and the author's name ready when you go to fill out the nomination form; nominations with incorrect or missing information will not be considered.
Friendship blogs cover all aspects of friendship, like finding new friends, advice on making friendships better, and even discussing someone's personal experience with their own friends. Some are written by relationship experts while others are written by average folks who just want to honor (or figure out) their friendships.
Blogs can be funny or serious, act as a journal, or be a resource for helpful articles. The only requirement to be nominated and win this category is that the site has to be live. Have the exact name of the blog/website and its URL handy when you fill out the nomination form. If either the name or the URL is incorrect or missing, the nomination will not be accepted.
2012 Readers' Choice Awards: Details and Rules
- Nominations will begin on January 18, 2012 and end on February 15, 2012.
- Finalists are chosen based on popularity, as long as they meet the eligibility requirements listed in each category.
- Up to five finalists in each category will be announced on February 22.
- Voting will begin on February 22, 2012 and continue through March 21, 2012. Readers can vote once each day in each award category.
- Winners will be announced on March 30, 2012. There's no cash award - just the satisfaction that comes with officially being recognized as the best of the best by the readers of one of the largest online networks, About.com.
- You're welcome to nominate and promote your own book, website, blog, game, or website!
More About The 2012 Readers' Choice Awards