From the article: Making Friends While Traveling
Did you meet a great friend while traveling? Share your tips for meeting new people when on vacation. Share Your Tips
Travel Dating site
- Are You Ready for a Travel Partner? Great tool to help you get started on your next traveling adventure. SoloTurist.
- —Guest turist
New Social Network for this
- Hey, check out our new social network, www.mysocialpassport.com, it was developed strictly for this: to meet people when travelling, moving, vacationing, exchange, backpacking, business travel and more!
- —Guest Brennan Basnicki
- Another cool way- http://www.mingletrips.com/ The easiest way to meet up with locals as well as travelers while on the go! Its easy to sign-up using fb account, has really fun people...and is absolutely free!
- —Guest Alisha
You can also try Mingle Trips
- We just made this website Mingle Trips where you can see who else is going to the same destination on the same dates. Then you can get to interact and plan with them.
- —Guest Manas
- They mention it here, but hostels are definitely the way to go. You meet so many people that way, and all ages. I thought I might be the old guy at ours, and I wasn't. There are many reasons people do this, and money is a prime reason. I did it to save money, but I met good folks that way.