How's your week been going? It's been such a busy one so far I forgot to post the small talk subjects of the week yesterday. Mea culpa! I've got them now.
- Dallas is back, baby! This is good small talk news for those of us who watched the original show back in the 80s, and also for the new folks who are going to watch the reboot. A little knowledge of what the show will be like now (including one of the major stars that has elected NOT to return) will help you chat with younger and older folks alike.
- In the last few years with the turn in the economy, more people have been shopping at Goodwill. For those folks, as well the people that just plain like an interesting news story, this one is for you. A women bought a pair of jeans for under $4 and came home to find that there was a diamond ring in the pocket!
- Here's a feel-good story about Oprah giving prom dresses to some high school students. The kicker? The request came (and was met) through Twitter. This story appeals to the folks who follow Oprah, as well as those using (and confused by) Twitter. Which, to my estimation means just about everyone. It makes for good small talk because it has a positive ending. (Besides that, who among us wouldn't love a gift like that from Oprah?)
- Great white sharks found off of Cape Cod. Say it with me: EEEK! Sharks are fascinating to people for a lot of reasons, and news is that they are hanging out near Cape Cod due to the abundance of seals in the area.
- Any tea lovers out there? You'll want to be up on the fact that Starbucks has opened a tea shop. Now, I've been known to enjoy a chai latte (or chai frappuccino) occasionally, so I'll be curious to see if the new tea shops expand into other areas besides Seattle. Regardless, this makes for good small talk because most of us have gone to Starbucks at least once, or, we're curious as to how they keep evolving. So you'll be able to chat with those interested in pop culture and business news.