Welcome to Monday, and another addition of small talk news items. These are bits of news I've found over the previous week that might make for good small talk as you make your way out and about in meeting with and talking to friends.
- Talking about money, and the hope to be rich one day from something like the lottery or a unique garage sale find, usually makes for some interesting small talk. This article about collectibles that could net you some serious coin may just be the ticket for that type of conversation. Ask friends what they would do if they were suddenly handed a windfall. You'll learn about their hopes, wants, and character.
- A man dead for 40 minutes was brought back to life.
- You know how much I love quotes, right? So that's why this story about quotes that have become slightly misquoted over the years was a good one.
- A 2,300 year old Mayan pyramid bulldozed? Really? We couldn't find somewhere else to build?
- Are you a fan of the Dallas Mavericks? You could help design their new uniforms.
- New flavors for Pop Tarts.
- A player from the San Francisco Giants returned $500,000 that mistakenly ended up in his contract.
- David Beckham is done with soccer. Wonder what he'll do now?
- I loved this story about a waitress that received this amazingly large tip. This is another way to show kindness to a stranger, especially (like in this situation) you're a regular. (Here are a few reasons being nice to strangers can actually help you with friendship.)