BFF is a term used to describe extremely close friendships, usually between young girls and teens. However, the term has grown to include adult women. In 2010, the Oxford English Dictionary added BFF as "an official noun." It originated in 1996, and is formed from the initials of "best friends forever."
More about best friends:
- Gift Ideas for Your Best Friend
- Do You Have a Best Friend at Work?
- Being Friends With an Ex's Best Friend
- When Your Best Pal Is a Celebrity
- Is It Normal to Have a Best Friend Who Does Not Think Of You the Same Way?
- Is It Normal Not to Have a Best Friend?
- Definition of a Best Friend
- Pros and Cons of Best Friends
- Should Friendships Last Forever?
"Sally is my BFF!"