From the article: Worst Gifts to Give a Friend
Did your friend give you a really awful or horribly inappropriate gift? What was it? Tell us. Share Your Story
- So one year my best friend gave me a Cadbury mug and chocolate for my birthday, but when I looked at the box it said "Complimentary Gift". Probably not the best idea to give your best friend something you got for free.. Ouch. I guess she really appreciated the expensive present that I got for her birthday.
- —Guest Caitlin
- The worst gift I got was a pants outfit big enough to fit the state of Texas. I think just because I confided in my friend about how I used to get clothes way over my size because I was the largest in the family, but my friend turned that around real quick by doing the same thing to me, and she always brags about how she doesn't accept clothing as a gift because no one knows her taste, but she never ask me about my taste in clothing. Some people you know need to be some people you knew. Of course we are not friends anymore.
- —Guest Delores
Lamest Give Ever
- One year my friend gave me a tin angel she found at a rummage sale. I don't even like that kind of stuff.
- —Guest Edie
socks. Every year.
- About six years ago my friend gave me socks for my birthday. That was it. Socks. And a card. The socks were funny, and I laughed. But I was mad. Socks? Then the next year, she gave me socks again. She said she knew how how much I loved the first pair. I didn't love them. But now I couldn't tell her that. Every year since then, it's been socks. Different socks. But still...
- —Guest CarlaFri
Oh yeah... Pregnancy for Dummies
- When my friend was pregnant, she talked constantly about it to the point where that was all she could talk about. We'd try to change the subject occasionally, and she'd change it right back. It was all about her body, her baby, and went way over the top. I thought she'd get over it once she had the baby, but before she even delivered she gave me a Pregnancy for Dummies book for Christmas so I could better understand her. After she had the baby, our friendship just kind of dropped off.
- —Guest Jacki