Let's inspire each other by sharing the random act of kindness that someone did for you. It can be a friend or a stranger. Describe what it was and how it made you feel. Also, have you been inspired to do an act of kindness in return? Tell us. Share Your Story
Never knew I needed it
- when a series of problems came to my doorstep, involving 2 consecutive deaths in family and a sudden development of chronic injury in the span of six months that led to a break-up of my relationship, I fell down to a low and eye-opening point of my life. I am really grateful for many friends that came in leaps and bounds to my side as soon as they found out about the last straw that broke the camel's back..(the break up). I was fed by one, kept company in nights I couldn't sleep, by another, and plenty of talks, tea, and healing. I have a history of depression and I believe it is with the miracle of friends by my side that I was able to pull away from this episode and turn in into something positive. Thank you, all. And I hope to be there for others in time of need, just as they were with mine.
- —Guest Belle
- My Mother is recovering from a stroke. I have to go out of the country and I have no family I thought who could help me. My half brother offered immediately to take over while I am gone .
It's like winning the brother lottery.
- —Guest Harmony
- A college friend and I were playing ping-pong in our dorm one night and I was losing badly. My right eye had gone blind the year before so I had no depth perception and kept missing the ball. To boost my morale Peter put a patch over his right eye for the rest of the games and our scores got much closer. He later chose me as his best man even though he had an older brother, and he stood up at my wedding too.
Peter is now a minister and that comes as no surprise.
Got me started in my business
- One of my friends was so great when I started my interior design business. She referred a bunch of people to me and really helped me get things off the ground. I've been really sensitive to her and what she needs ever since then. I just want to be as great to her as she was for me.
Yes! My Friend Took Care of My Kid While
- I was in the hospital two years ago for a really bad infection. My friend just stepped right up and took care of my daughter so I didn't need to worry. I was touched that she would do that. I've never forgotten it.